Cat lovers, you may not want to read this...
I just watched a cat plummet from at least the 12th storey of the apartment building across from me. Fortunately it's still alive - I saw it run away after I heard it land. I was just sitting on my balcony having my quiet time, and I looked up and saw this cat walking on the rail of the balcony in the apartment across from me. I figure from counting it's at least the 12th floor, possibly higher. Then it moved from the balcony to the windowsill next to it. It walked further and further out, and then tried to inch backwards to get back, but its back paws kept slipping. Then its back paws slipped completely, and it managed to grab on with its front paws to the screen of the window above it, and was just hanging there. But not for long. Next thing I knew, it had let go, and I heard it thump on the ground. I was sure it was dead, but then I saw it run away, and I don't know where it went, but it wasn't limping or anything. Amazing!
I'll admit, I actually prayed for the cat while it was on the windowsill..."Lord, please help it make it back safely. I hate cats, but I really don't want to watch one plummet to its death!" Then it fell.
I don't really know what to do - I feel like I should let someone know. But I don't even know which apartment it is, and, well, I'm a bit freaked out. Hopefully the cat will find its way home eventually, and hopefully IT'S not to traumatized by the ordeal. Amazing that it survived, even, but I guess it's not too heavy, so it managed. That had to have hurt, though, and been terrifying!
I think I'm going to be having cat nightmares for a little while.