Sunday, September 2, 2007

Getting fancy

You may have noticed, if you're particularly observant, that I've now added a link to my brother's blog on mine. Oooooh, fancy! I really wasn't planning on getting into this whole blog thing beyond just keeping my own personal journal of sorts. But my little brother Martin, recently engaged, has just arrived in Germany where he will be studying for a year before coming back and getting married, and he's set up a blog. I've been finding it entertaining, (though prepare yourself for reading the writing of someone smart...he writes like my dad!), and thought I'd share it for anyone interested. Check it out if you want - just beware the multiple allusions to sports! Who knows, maybe I'll get really fancy and add more links sometime.

My hand is getting better by the day. Still sore, but not really to the point of needing drugs for it anymore. I don't have full mobility in it yet, but it's getting there. Someday when I can type a little more easily I'll have lots of profound reflections on this time (I'm sure you all can't wait!), but for now I'll just say it's been good and I've learned lots...including lessons in humility (e.g. "Jessica, do you need me to cut your food for you?" Sigh. "Yes!") I'm back in my own apartment now, and am managing okay.

I have the next group of exams for my US and Canadian licensing coming up soon. The US exam is a 2-day exam at the end of this month (Sept 27-28), and the Canadian exam is Oct 28. So I need to get studying. I'm sort of happy to have something to do. Resting has been great -I've read about 10 books, and watched lots of movies, but you can only do that for so long. The plan is to be back to work Oct 1. We'll see what happens. It'll depend a bit on what happens with my left wrist. I'm hoping to have some answer about that this week, since I see my surgeon again on Wednesday. But I really hope I'll be back to work Oct 1, as planned. God knows.